Sunday, April 18, 2010

splendid

Splendour in the Grass, THE winter indie music festival to be seen at. Usually held in Byron Bay NSW, but due to overwhelming demand, it is going to be held up in QLD for 2010. I must admit, this line up is probably the most solid since the festival first began in 2001. Artists such as The Strokes, Mumford and Sons, Florence + the Machine, The Temper Trap, Pixies, Goldfrapp, The Vines, British India, Passion Pit, Lisa Mitchell, Tame Impala (and the list goes on), will be making an appearance in the notorious three day festival which provide camping grounds for a majority of the patrons.
My love for Splendour just grew 10 fold, but it's a shame I can't go. My heart broke when I realised it was over the weekend of one of my close girlfriends 21st, two of my boys' 22nd birthdays and an AFL game which we all have tickets for already.
Maybe next year. Fingers crossed the line up is as solid. (Please bring back Bloc Party!)

On the topic of all things festivals, I need to make a HUGE shoutout to Anna and AJ from UA for giving Felicia and I their free tickets to Creamfields. Both of them received two free tickets each and Felly and I were the lucky ones to make use of these free tickets! My excitement levels are about to burst through the ceiling with festival after gig after festival after gig lined up over the next 3-4 months.

Now moving onto something completely irrelevant to music, the Sydney Swans won their 3rd game in a row yesterday afternoon! An amazing performance by Dan 'the man' Hannebery in the second half (total of 28 possessions), major props to Goodesy as per usual. And of course, Jesse White for that mark on Lachie Hanson which was pivotal to the entire game.

Speaking of AFL, I best get back to finishing my readings before the Melbourne/Richmond game is televised!

No comments: